Information Collection and UseTypes of Information We Might Collect. MotorData may:
- Collect information provided by you as your personal data in connection with registering yourself as a user of MotorData System, i.e. your name, company name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Utilize “cookies”, and other tracking technologies, that may record information such as Internet domain and host names, internet protocol (IP) addresses, Operating Systems, browser software, and time frames of when the site is accessed.
- Record activities in connection with the MotorData System, such as requests for files, time of requests, and the IP address of the machine requesting the file.
- Collect Data files, including without limitation to the content of such files, including without limitation to text and images, that you upload and process through the Site and Services.
How We Might Use Information We CollectGenerally, MotorData uses the information we collect to enable the operation of and improve our system, better meet customer needs, comply with applicable laws, and protect the rights of MotorData, its users, and the public. For instance, we may use the information collected by MotorData,
- To record, support, and facilitate your participation in the activities you select and to prevent fraud and unlawful use.
- To track customer preferences, to provide a customized Website experience,
- To keep you informed about product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services of MotorData unless such communications are prohibited by law or you have chosen not to receive such e-mail messages from MotorData. You may remove your e-mail address from MotorData’s mailing list at any time.
- To make the MotorData System, easier to use by enabling the eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information.
- To perform market research and analysis, and towards the improvement of our products, services, and technologies.
- To enable the customization of content and advertising.
- To analyze trends relating to usage of the MotorData System, administer the site, track site movement, and gather non-individually identifying demographic information.
- To respond to inquiries, such as to supply requested information on MotorData products and services.
- To protect and defend our rights and property, our services and/or users of our services, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services.
- To enforce the EULA with respect to the MotorData System (including investigation of potential violations thereof).
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- To act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure that it is legally required.
- To act on a good faith belief that it is necessary to protect the personal safety of MotorData employees, customers or the public.
- To maintain accurate records of users of the MotorData System.